Friday 22 September 2017

Made it safe

I'm here, currently its 8.30 pm here and i'm just doing a quick update before getting some sleep.    The flight was good.  I had used some air miles to upgrade to premium economy.  The check in process was super smooth with separate desk check ins and an express security channel.  On taking my belt off to go through security I managed to snap my belt buckle, I didnt fancy carying my cases and trying to keep my jeans from, falling down so it was then a struggle to find a belt cheaper than £70 in the airport shops.  In the end I managed to find one in superdry for a tenner.

On the flight the seats were wider and had a bit more leg room which made all the difference.  The in flight entertainment was a bit tired, it had a phone with a modem port on it.  The screen was 4:3, dim and the sound was tinny so I ended up watching stuff on a laptop instead.

Virgin certainly looked after you, I had a glass of wine before we had even taken off and from that point on they kept bringing snacks and drinks.  The food was pretty good and severed in proper mugs and proper plates.  There was a main meal and then an afternoon tea as well.   I had beef bourguignon which was really tender and for desert there was a cheese cake with a chocolate biscuit base which was amazing.

I sat next to a guy that was global head of sales for a multinational consulting company specializing in Skype.  It was interesting to hear how busy they were and how some very large organisations were already throwing away their desk phone and rolling out pure soft phone solutions based on Skype

When we got on the plane there was an announcement to say there was a passenger on the plane with a severe peanut allergy so the whole plane was asked not to open any peanut products during the flight.

I'm in the Hyatt Regency Orlando for 2 nights before I move to the hotel that work has paid for the conference.  Weirdly this hotel is actually next to the conference center and the one I will be staying in for the conference will require a free shuttle bus.  I've not seen much of the hotel yet but it has a fitness pool, fun pool, hour gym and a spa.  The room is nice and comfortable but the AC and fridge are a little on the loud side for my liking.

Gatwick express security

the plane

dont mind if i do

proper mug of tea

dinner



my room










No comments:

Post a Comment