Sunday 24 September 2017

Seaworld and Doubletree

Up early this morning and checked out of the hotel.   Left my case with the bell hop and jumped onto the I Trolley.  No exciting pictures of breakfast this morning, I bought some cinnamon frosties yesterday and ate those dry.  The bus took me right up to the gate of Seaworld, very easy.  I hadn't been sure what I was going to do this morning today but the ticket I got got for Busch Gardens gives me unlimited access to seaworld and aquatica so opted for Seaworld.  I arrived 30 minutes before the gates opened and it was very quiet, definitely the time to get there as the park got steadily busier as the day went on.
I headed for Kraken as they had made it into a VR roller coaster since I was here last.  The first time I rode it was awesome, the VR really added to the ride.  The 2nd and 3rd times the VR was off so instead of looking straight ahead I was looking to the side which just made me feel sick.  The VR also seemed to add a lot of time to people getting on and off the ride but as there was no one in the park I made the mode of it.
After that I headed over to Maku which was a roller coaster based on trying to lift you out of your seat which was pretty good, did that twice and on the 2nd time queued for the front.
I needed some food to quieten my stomach so opted for a giant pretzel and then went to watch the killer whale show which was pretty awesome.
Around the park there were lots of stalls handing out small packets of sweets for Halloween so that kept me fed for the most of it.
Decided to call it a day around 1 and move to the hotel I am staying in for the conference.  I got the bus back to the hotel, collected my case and then tried to get my first uber but although the app seemed really good it would not accept payment for some reason so had to get the hotel to get me a cab and instead of the $8.90 uber wanted to charge me it ended up costing me $15.
The new hotel isn't quite as nice as the last one but I got a pretty sweet deal for the two days and this one was a lot cheaper for the conference.  There is a shuttle every morning and evening to take me to and from the conference.
I am getting this blog done early as I am off to the Universal Horror Night tonight which finishes at midnight so will update on that tomorrow.






















No comments:

Post a Comment