Saturday 30 September 2017

MIckey's not so scary Halloween Party

Friday night I went to Disney's Magic Kingdom for Mickeys not so scary Halloween Party.   Not sure if I will every be in Orlando at this time of the year again so wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to see how Disney do Halloween. 
It's a separate ticket event, Disney close the park to normal guests at 7 although the event ticket lets you in from 4pm.  They put a wrist band on you so they can tell who can stay in the park.  I got a Lyft taxi as I am still having issues with Uber.  Can't praise Lyft enough.  The longest I have had to wait for a taxi is 3 minutes from requesting one, the app is very good and prices are less than half of what I would pay for a normal taxi. The guy dropped me off outside the park in torrential rain, I had a rainoat in my bag but I was drenched before I managed to get it on.  The rain stayed around until about 8 o'clock with some more heavy showers
To get out of the rain I went into the haunted house and then as it was new since I was last there I went on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride.  The mine train ride is medium thrill roller coaster with a little bit of entertainment half way through.
There are a few extra bits that the park put on for Halloween. 
There are lots of Halloween inspired merchandise and food. I had a Mickey shaped cinnamon bun and a hot chocolate from the Star Bucks on Main Street. 
Throughout the park are lots of Treat stations.  When you come into the park they give you a treat bag with some candy in it to tide you over until 7.  At that point they start handing out Candy at every treat station.  Most of what you get are fun sized bags of things like skittles or fun sized snickers or mars.  I got a bag full to bring back for Amy but I am struggling to stop it melting due to me having my cases in the car during the day as I am moving from hotel to hotel.
There are two shows.  One is a monsters inc dance show that they had to move to a cafe due to the rain and the big show is Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular.  From where I was stood the sanderson sisters looked just like they did in the film and even sounded like them.  The first show was cut down in length due to the rain and the stage being wet but the second show was the full version.
There was an impromptu singing in the rain parade which consisted of one float with some characters on, a couple of characters in front of it and some cast members in wellies dancing and splashing in puddles.
The main parade was very good, similar to the normal parade with floats with characters on separated by cast members.  All with a sort of Halloween theme to it although one float was a big chicken which I didn't get. Just googled it and apparently its Clara Cluck although still not sure why it was in the parade.
The happy hallowishes firework display was as awesome as every with the fireworks going off in time with Halloween music and the castle lit up with 3D projection.
In all a good night, the rain didn't seem to put many people off form enjoying the park




































No comments:

Post a Comment